Thursday, January 8, 2015

Keep on Keeping on....



Rare dissent here, in response to a post over at Borepatch's blog, calling a man who killed himself and his wife "brave".  

I disagreed.  It takes more bravery and fortitude to keep on keeping on than it ever does to just put an end to things.

Where's the bravery in the blackness?

I wanted to live so badly this year with my heart/cancer scare and surgery, that I forgot everything else. I became so overwhelmed with what it meant to "go on" that I ended up getting myself fired. The pills caused me so much fatigue, and the fight caused me so much distraction, and the depression (which I posted about on my blog) caused me so much "don't give a fuck" that it showed through in my performance at work, and my boss fired me.

I'm so ashamed of that, and so depressed by the fact that I failed so miserably to uphold my end, in spite of my problems, that it almost seems like all the fighting was in vain.

But screw that. I've got a vested interest in this life, and even when it feels like that isn't enough, the fact that there are people that have a vested interest in me is reason enough to hang around. '

Only cowards take the easy way out. It is the permanent solution to a temporary problem.

1 comment:

  1. The best titanium dog teeth implants - TITanium Arts
    Titanium Arts is the first in its line of premium quality titanium mig 170 titanium titanium dioxide sunscreen laser printers that titanium ring have been designed titanium necklace mens with a high quality titanium white laser

    ReplyDelete